R&D / Technology
Located in Kobe High-Tech Park, Asahi Pretec Technical Research Center engages in research and development, engineering, precious metal product manufacturing, quality assurance, environment and safety, and intellectual property management. The center works with other technical and business departments to further contribute to society through improvements in quality and technological innovation.
Our unique strength lies with our integrated system under which our departments work together to develop new processes and developers take the lead in launching businesses. Our system makes it possible to quickly commercialize and expand projects and has contributed to establishing a large number of businesses.
- E-Scrap Recycling Technology
- We developed and introduced new sampling technology and analytics that enables us to accurately determine the amount of precious metals contained in waste electronics substrates. This is currently one of Asahi Pretec's core businesses, and we handle a wide variety of shipments from around Japan and the world.
- Technology for Stripping and Cleaning Precious Metals
- We developed and commercialized a process for the rapid and precise removal and cleaning of precious metals from semiconductor manufacturing equipment and jigs. By effectively selecting and combining a variety of cleaning technologies, we are able to provide services that meet the diverse needs of our customers.
- Improving Processes and Introducing New Equipment at Plants Outside Japan
- We improve processes at Group company plants not only in Japan, but around the world, as well. We collaborate with local employees in each country to deal with a variety of materials, including contaminants, as we work to improve a variety of processes and enhance manufacturing equipment to ensure the stable production of high-quality products at a low cost.
- Waste Detoxification Plant
- We built a large-scale waste detoxification plant that incorporates the latest technology. The automated systems ensure safe and stable operations, and we have been able to further boost productivity with improved combustion efficiency and use of residual heat.
Since it opened in 1998, the Technical Research Center has created a large number of unique technologies in the fields of separation, recovery and processing of precious and rare metals and the detoxification and recycle of waste.
In addition, the center has a great deal of expertise on as-yet-undisclosed technologies in refining and analysis, which supports the high quality of Asahi Pretec products and the company's ability to handle wide-ranging scrap and waste materials.
The Intellectual Property Department is responsible for filing and managing these patents, managing undisclosed expertise, and filing and managing trademarks.
- Patent Applications (Cumulative) 76
(As of March 31, 2023)
- Our Reliable Quality Receives High Accolades from Japan and Overseas.
- Asahi Pretec carries out precious metal recycling in Japan, and is a full-fledged member of the Japan Gold Metal Association. Its gold, silver, platinum and palladium metals are recognized as brand products for delivery on the Osaka Exchange (OSE). In addition, its products are highly regarded in the global market for their reliable quality, with its gold and silver certified by the London Bullion Market Association [LBMA], and its platinum and palladium certified by the London Platinum and Palladium Market [LPPM] as Good Delivery bars.
ISO9001 [international standard for quality management]
ISO9001 is the international standard for quality management systems to help organizations ensure that they meet the needs of customers while meeting statutory and regulatory requirements related to products and services.
With ISO9001 certification acquired, ARE Holdings Group provides high-quality products and services.
ISO14001 [international standard for environmental management]
ISO 14001 is the international standard for environmental management to help organizations minimize environmental burdens of their business operations.
With ISO14001 certification acquired, ARE Holdings Group promotes continuous initiatives to protect the Earth's natural resources which are entrusted to the present generation.